Statement of Ethics
To provide dog friendly training by educating handlers and the public.
All dogs are effectively trained through fear free, positively reinforced techniques and become lifelong companions based on mutual trust and respect.
Code of Ethics
Rockingham Dog Club Inc. committee has adopted the following Code of Ethics for committee members and instructors. Committee members and Instructors must agree to abide by them.
As a Committee Member or Instructor of Rockingham Dog Club Inc, I agree to:
- Perform services to the best of my ability within the guidelines of this Code of Ethics.
- Abide by RDC Constitution and Domestic Regulations
- Understand my role
- Act in good faith, honestly and in the best interests of the club.
- Act on the member's behalf.
- Act with due care and diligence.
- Avoid conflict of interest. Any conflict of interest must be made clear to the committee as soon as possible.
- Not make improper use of the position I hold
- Treat all handlers and dogs with respect.
- Make the welfare of the dog of primary importance.
- Employ only fear free, positively reinforced, dog-friendly techniques in the training of dogs.
- Actively reject the use of harsh methods, as in physical, psychological, coercive and aversive, in the training of dogs
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Do no harm.
- Promote responsible dog ownership.
- Actively pursue ongoing education based upon sound scientific principles and current best practice.
- Promote a positive human/canine relationship between handler and dog.
- Work at developing and applying fear free, positively reinforced techniques and dog-friendly methods of dog training.
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of all the Rockingham Dog Club Inc. members.
- Not represent myself as a spokesperson for Rockingham Dog Club Inc. without prior approval of the club.